LAST UPDATED ON August 11, 2018
Who is the controller:
The controller according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, “GDPR”) is:
Via Emilia 7A
20090 Buccinasco, Milan
(hereinafter: “EVARplanning”, “we”, “us”, “our”)
Contact Information for Data Protection enquiries and announcements on Data Breach
In case of any question concerning data security or for claiming data breaches please contact us at [email protected]
What information does EVARplanning gather?
- Information users provide to us: These are voluntary submissions made when subscribing to the EVARplanning website, such as your name, gender, age, location and email address provided during registration.
- Information we collect when you interact with EVARplanning: We keep track of the actions you take on EVARplanning website when you access our services. We may collect information about your access method (such as hardware and software attributes), location, IP address, and pages you visit. In addition, we may store certain information from your browser using "cookies". (For more on cookies, please see the section "What are cookies?").
Here are some specific things to remember:
- By visiting or becoming a Member on EVARplanning.com, the content and information you provide during the registration process (including your email address) and other interactions with the website may be accessed by EVARplanning staff and their authorized representatives and administrators.
- No data or information you provide in the interactions with current EVAR and TEVAR applications are accessed or saved by EVARplanning.
What are cookies?
EVARplanning may place a text file called a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. These cookies help us make EVARplanning easier to use, to make our service better, and to protect both you and EVARplanning. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use some of our Services.
What about third party advertisers and links?
How will EVARplanning treat my information? (Purposes of Processing)
We may use personal data we collect:
- To provide the Services, including making available and operating evarplanning.com (the legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b and f GDPR).
- To provide you with personalized content, e.g., storing your display and other preferences to help you customize your experience (the legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b and f GDPR).
- To process and respond to your inquiries (the legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b).
- To improve the Services, e.g., to determine which features are used most, to find and fix navigation problems, and to help guide future development (the legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR).
- For administration and improvement of the Site and to enhance the user experience (the legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b and f GDPR; the latter would be legitimate interests).
- To alert you to new developments, features, special events and services with your consent or provide information to you about the Site (the legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a, b and f GDPR).
- For fraud prevention, and where necessary to safeguard legitimate interests of EVARplanning or a third party or to prevent threats to state or public security or to prosecute crimes, provided this does not conflict the data subject’s legitimate interest (the legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b and f GDPR).
- For other purposes so long as those purposes were clearly disclosed when the information was collected (the legal basis is art para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR if not otherwise stated).
As far as the legal basis for processing is art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, the above mentioned purposes for processing are also the legitimate interest pursued by us or by a third party.
Any personal data transmitted to the Site is used solely for the stated purpose when the information was transferred and any of the above uses. The data will not be used for any other purpose without your express consent, provided, however, that EVARplanning may disclose the information it collects about you to third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of EVARplanning’s business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings).
EVARplanning uses commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures to safeguard personally identifiable information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. We limit access to personal information about you to employees whom we believe reasonably need that information to provide support, products, or services to you or to fulfill their roles within our organization.
Although we have established and maintain security procedures to protect your personally identifiable information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on EVARplanning will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on EVARplanning. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up-to-date antivirus software.
What control do I have over my information?
As a registered member, you may modify or update your personal information at any time by sending a new form. Should you desire to do so, you may also cancel your EVARplanning subscription at any time. Note that removed or deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time.
How is information shared?
EVARplanning will not share your personally identifiable information with others except in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is reasonably necessary to offer the services, legally required, or permitted by you. For example, we may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our service, such as to host the services at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about EVARplanning, or to remove repetitive information from our user lists. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time.
Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the EVARplanning-specified purposes. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of EVARplanning (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
Communications with You in the United States
If You are in the United States: You authorize EVARplanning to transmit email to you or telephone You to respond to your communications, and provide information to you about new developments, features, services, special events, inquiries, or the Site.
Please note that unsubscribe requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your dealings with the Site or technical information about the Site.
Right to Information, Rectification, Erasure, Restriction of Processing, Data Portability, Objection, Withdrawal, Complaint
You have the right
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR to request access to information concerning your personal data processed by us;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to request rectification of your inaccurate personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to request erasure of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR to request restriction of processing of your personal data; pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us;
pursuant to Art. 21 to object to the processing of your personal data if based on individual grounds related to you, and a right for objection against direct marketing activities without presenting any further reasons
pursuant to Art. 7 Abs. 3 GDPR at any time to withdraw consent granted to us, with the consequence that our processing based on such consent will be prohibited for the future. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Please find our contact details above.
Requirement of Providing Personal Data
The provision of your name, email, institution, department, function, city, postal code, country, time zone, speciality, password, EVARplanning ID and collection of technical or usage data is required for us to provide the services we agreed upon with you. There is no statutory requirement and you are not obliged to provide that data. However, if you do not provide such data, a registration and usage of our services is not or not entirely possible.
No automated legal decisions
You are not subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you (see Art. 22 GDPR).
How to contact us:
In the event of queries please contact us at [email protected] Please note that email communications may not be secure. Accordingly, you should not
include personal or other sensitive information in your email correspondence to the Site or EVARplanning.